- This event has passed.
Can TikTok Help Solve The Climate Crisis?
February 7 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pmFree
TikTok is the fastest growing social media platform with over 1 billion global monthly users. What does this mean for the climate emergency?
This “Ask-Me Anything” with Ian Gill, Global Sustainability Lead at TikTok, will explore the Chinese social media giant’s popularity, its corporate climate policy and targets, and how it provides a platform for influence on climate through new features such as TikTok for Good. Ian will also address how activists should use TikTok to mobilize people to take climate action.
Join live on Tik Tok or Zoom and ask the newest social media giant about business, the climate emergency, and your dance moves.
– Ian Gill, Global Sustainability Lead, TikTok
– Linda Nowlan, Senior Director Sustainability Hub
– Jill Robinson, Sauder School of Business student
– Dr. Katherine White, Senior Associate Dean, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, Professorship in Consumer Insights, Prosocial Consumption, and Sustainability, Professor, Marketing and Behavioural Science Division
Event organized by the Sustainability Hub.
- February 7
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
- Venue Online/Virtual Event
- Event Information
- Event Categories:
- Audience – All Students, Audience – Alumni, Audience – Community, Audience – Faculty and Staff – Okanagan, Audience – Faculty and Staff – Vancouver, Audience – Graduate Students, Audience – Undergraduate Students, Subject – Entertainment – Arts, Subject – Entertainment – Media, Subject – Entertainment – Social, Subject – Learning And Research – Business, Subject – Learning And Research – Interdisciplinary, Subject – Learning And Research – Sustainability, Type – Lecture
- Sustainability Hub