- This event has passed.
Black Lives, Black Voices and Black Identities in the Faculty of Medicine
February 17 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
To commemorate Black History Month, the Faculty of Medicine’s Office of Respectful Environments, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion invites you to join our panel on Friday, February 17, 2023 from 12–1:30 pm. This panel will provide a space for an important conversation about the experiences of Black members of the Faculty and the challenges they face to find belonging. Panelists will be invited to reflect on their Black identity and how it has shaped their personal narrative — their education journey, work experiences and sense of belonging. Our discussion recognizes that there is no single ‘Black Experience’ that can explain identity development for all Black men and women. Learn more. Register.
- Donneil McNab, Black Student Initiatives Manager, MD Undergraduate Program and Admissions
- Dr. Felix Durity, Professor Emeritus and past Head of the Division of Neurosurgery
- Gbolahan Olarewaju, MD Candidate 2023
- Dr. Tatiana Sotindjo, Adolescent Medicine Specialist BCCH and Hudson Equity Diversity and Inclusion Scholar in the Department of Pediatrics
- Dr. Tex Kissoon, Executive Medical Director, Children’s and Women’s Global Health
- Dr. Michael Schwandt, Medical Health Officer, Vancouver Coastal Health, Assistant Clinical Professor School of Population and Public Health
- Dr. Neila Miled – Anti-Racism Advisor