Explore what’s happening at UBC
Vancouver is hosting Women Deliver 2019 — the world’s largest conference on gender equality and the health, rights and wellbeing of women and girls. To mark the occasion, people across UBC are organizing events and initiatives that advance the conversation in the lead up to June 2019. Students, staff, faculty, alumni, partners — everyone has a role to play to make the world a better place for women and girls.
October 20, 2018
Symposium on Global Sustainable Development
Henry Angus, 2053 Main Mall
This year’s symposium, ‘Disruption’ considers the multifaceted connections made, approaches taken, and challenges explored with community engagement.
- Sept 4 – Dec 2: Beginning with the Seventies: Collective Acts
- Oct 23: Judith Butler Reading Group (Session 3)
- Oct 30: Should B.C. Change its Voting System? (Feat. Grace Lore on Women’s Representation in Politics)
- Nov 2: Symposium: Collective Acts
- Nov 6: Judith Butler Reading Group (Session 4)
- Nov 7: Women Deliver 2019 @ UBC Meet-up
- Nov 20: Judith Butler Reading Group (Session 5)
- Dec 4: Judith Butler Reading Group (Session 6)
Join the mobilization. Everyone is invited.
Apply for Funding
Are you organizing an event, discussion or activation related to gender equality or the health, rights and wellbeing of women and girls?
Apply for funding to support faculty, staff or student-led activities that engage the UBC community or the general public.
Share your initiative.
We would love to include your Women Deliver-related event or initiative on this website and help promote it through UBC Events, UBC ORICE, and UTown UBC. Events must be organized with or by UBC.
To learn more or submit an event, please contact email@example.com.
Celebrate Women Deliver Champions
Learn more about the work of fellow students, faculty, staff, alumni and partners who are actively advancing dialogue and action about gender equity on local and global scales.